Pistachio nuts are not only tasty and fun to eat but also super healthy - Here are some more health benefits of eating pistachios!
- Pistachios are among the most antioxidant-rich nuts around. They're high in lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which promote eye health.
- Pistachios contain fewer calories and more protein than most other nuts. Also, their essential amino acid content is higher than any other nut.
- Eating pistachio nuts may aid weight loss. In-shell pistachios are especially beneficial, as they promote mindful eating.
- Pistachios are high in fiber, which is good for your gut bacteria. Eating pistachios may increase the number of bacteria that produce beneficial short-chain fatty acids like butyrate.
- Studies show that eating pistachios may help lower blood cholesterol. It may also lower blood pressure more than other nuts.
- Pistachio nuts may play an important role in promoting blood vessel health. That's because they are rich in L-arginine, which, when converted into nitric oxide, helps dilate your blood vessels.
- Pistachios have a low glycemic index, which might promote lower blood sugar levels.
- Besides being a great snack, pistachios can be used in baking and cooking, adding a green or purple color to various dishes.