1. Pistachios are among the most antioxidant-rich nuts around. They're high in lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which promote eye health.
2. Pistachios contain fewer calories and more protein than most other nuts. Also, their essential amino acid content is higher than any other nut.
3. Eating pistachio nuts may aid weight loss. In-shell pistachios are especially beneficial, as they promote mindful eating.
4. Pistachios are high in fiber, which is good for your gut bacteria. Eating pistachios may increase the number of bacteria that produce beneficial short-chain fatty acids like butyrate.
5. Studies show that eating pistachios may help lower blood cholesterol. It may also lower blood pressure more than other nuts.
6. Pistachio nuts may play an important role in promoting blood vessel health. That's because they are rich in L-arginine, which, when converted into nitric oxide, helps dilate your blood vessels.
7. Pistachios have a low glycemic index, which might promote lower blood sugar levels.
8. Besides being a great snack, pistachios can be used in baking and cooking, adding a green or purple color to various dishes.